Super Bowl party foods that’ll score a touchdown
There’s nothing sexier than a girl that can fire up some good burgers, make some finger foods, sit down with a cold beer, and enjoy the Super Bowl with other revved up friends to guys. The Super Bown XLIV (New Orleans Saints v. Indianapolis Colts) takes place this Sunday, February 14th at 6:25pm ET on CBS. I’ve picked out a few of my favorite recipes, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Mini Beef and Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Corn that are quick and easy to make, keeps the beer flowing, and I find knocks everyone’s socks off that I’m sure you and your friends will enjoy as well (and score a touchdown with your man)…
To start off, dips dips dips. Staples are guacamole, onion, cream cheese, and blue cheese dips. But if you really want to impress your friends, this one is for you: Buffalo Chicken Dip. Perfect with vegetable sticks and chips, this will give you the delicious and healthier equivalent to buffalo wings without the greasy sticky fingers…
2 (10 ounce) cans of chunk chicken
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup of hot sauce of your choice
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or blue cheese
1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
2. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
3. Cook, stirring well until blended and warm.
4. Mix in half of shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, over, and cook on low heat until hot and bubbly.
6. Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, crackers, and enjoy ♥
Moving on, finger foods are also a must at a Super Bowl party. From experience, the Mini Beef and Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are the first ones to disappear off the plate.
1 (15 ounce) of your favorite tomato sauce, preferably seasoned with herbs and/or cheese
1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
1/4 cup diced pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages of refrigerated crescent rolls (like Pillsbury’s)
Makes 36 mini rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. Combine sauce, beef, pepperoni an cheese in medium bowl.
3. Separate crescent roll dough into 12 rectangles and press seams together. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling onto dough along the length of each rectangle. Roll the dough lengthwise. Cut each roll into 3 pieces.
4. Bake for 12-15 mins or until hot and golden brown.
5. Let stand for 3 mins, serve, and enjoy ♥
Everyone has a sweet tooth they need to satisfy. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Corn will do just that!
12 cups of popped corn
1 (12 ounce) can of salted peanuts
1 3/4 cups of milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1. Heat on low the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a pan until smooth.
2. Turn off the heat, add peanuts and popcorn, and stir gently.
3. Spread over a baking sheet and let cool, serve, and enjoy ♥
I don’t know who you guys will be rooting for, but the Saints are the underdog this Super Bowl, and New Orleans definitely deserves a break and a celebration. And as the cherry on top ♥ there is a rumor going around that Reggie Bush will propose to Kim Kardashian if the Saints win the Super Bowl. Wouldn’t that be nice?
Filed under: food & health | 2 Comments
Tags: colts, dips, easy, events, finger foods, food, Kim Kardashian, poll, propose, quick, recipe, Reggie Bush, saints, super bowl